Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Trip to Tauranga

Tauranga

On the weekends me and my family went for a trip to Tauranga to a Marae called Mangatapu. Firstly we woke up at 6.00 in the morning and we left Auckland about 7.00 am. My nana hinemoa came down too but she went on a Kaumatua van with the other oldies that we're going down. The van left Orakei about 6.00 am .The crack up thing though is that my nans kaumatua van left at 6.00 and we left like 1 hour after them but we caught up to them at ngatea having a cup of tea. My dad had a korero with his whanau .Once he was finished he hopped back in the car and we carried on. The most satisfying thing on the trip is Paeroa because we got to stand in front of the original L&P made out of concrete.As we passed paeroa we came up to these huge mountains and beside the mountains there was fresh water flowing from the main water stream. As we turned up to tauranga we suddenly see the kaumatua van travelling past. My dad had to catch up and follow them towards the Marae. When we finally arrived at the marae we got ready and set for an important meeting to do with new homes. My siblings and I sat for 3 hours straight bored , tired and hungry waiting for the meeting to finish. After the meeting finished we had to wait out side the wharekai for a feed. As the wharekai was getting prepared the kids and I went and played on a park . Then finally we could go in and have a kai. My plate was full of vegetables , meet and desert afterwards.

Once we had finished our kai we packed up and traveled to my dads mates house so my dad can have a 1 hour rest. once he got his rest we made our way back to Auckland . As we were 30 minutes into our trip I fell asleep for about 1 hour and a half. When I woke my dad said "well stop over down here and have a walk okey ".We stopped at a cool as waterfall and walked down the it.The water looked very cold. My sibling named Mahara , Kahlicia and Taynah jumped in the waterfall at first they screamed because it was so cold but then they were bombing off a rock.My brother and sister were having a bomb competition I couldn't tell which one of them was big at all.I wanted to jump in but it was cold.I was walking around and my sister splashed me and I screamed at a high pitch. We stayed for about 1 hour the we left the site. We carried on and my sister made some sandwiches and we had another feed in the car on the way back. We stopped at the toilets in Paeroa for my brother to get change into dry clothes, then we finally made it back home. 

It was about 8.00 pm when we got home.I enjoyed my trip down and up from Tauranga in fact it is my second time going down tauranga. I love tauranga because it is way different to Auckland because tauranga is countryside ,but Auckland is city side. I like the animals I seen down there especially the baby calves and the baby lambs. My highlight of the trip would have to be going down tauranga 2 times in a row per weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.